Wednesday, September 12, 2007

#23 The Discovery

I almost hate to admit that I truly enjoyed learning about podcasts. So that is what is going on with those ipod things stuck in everyones' ear canals. I thought it was only music that they were listening to. I had no idea that radio shows could be loaded. And most recently I saw another use.. lesson plans and text can be uploaded to supplement coursework.

For a photographer, the Flickr site is great, but the space is pretty limiting. Still, it is a good way to share photos. I have a friend who went to the Galapagos last winter and I so enjoyed looking at his photos at a Yahoo site. Because of file size limitations I needed to get the best shots directly from him. I have been invited to view many such photo sites of friends and family. It is much nicer than schlepping pictures around to every family event. You've been there. You know how it is to sit and look at 25 pictures of the same kid doing the same activity while trying to come up with something nice to say. This saves time.

I am glad that it is over. It has been a hectice summer and I have too much to do. On this eve of the new year, I am gld to put my formal web 2.0 learning activities behind me.